Monday, February 19, 2007

blog word processor experiment

this is a blog word processor experiment that I conducted today...when I attempted to Publish the following, I was instructed to tell Google to "allow WriteToMyBlog to gain access" to my blog. But WriteToMyBlog was not authorized by Google, and a CGI script was involved, so I aborted the access process...and copy and pasted the post w/special format to my New Blogger template. The result is what you see now. ~~ your pal Vaspers.



WriteToMyBlog

is a free web based word processor for your blog.

Create Post Entries for your Blog from right here, completely free, no membership required.

You can post to multiple Blogs simultaneously, manage your Posts, works with all major Blog programs, and is easy-peasy!

[THE TEXT ABOVE IS QUOTED but reformatted from the WriteToMyBlog web page. This post is an experiment. I had trouble with their YouTube video search and uploader. I searched for my latest video "Resistance to Wikis", could not find it. Then I typed in "vaspers" and only got a small list, about 12 of my nearly 100 YouTube videos. I am interested in using this tool for a variety of projects. Blogger still is not giving me very many tools, even in the New Blogger, for format options, like background colors. My workaround was to compose in Gmail, like for CompuMusik or Str8 Sounds 2007 posts, then import the formatting into a Blogger post.

For you minimalist techno musical enjoyment, may I suggest you visit the Plastikman web site, where you can listen to ALL his music for FREE? Richard Dawtin aka Plastikman is one of my favorite musicians, so bleak and minimal, yet somehow interesting in a lonely murky way. He is a Canadian (and I love all things Canada) who was banned from USA for "performing illegally as Plastikman" in Detroit. How does one "perform illegally" in the USA? Without a required permit or visa or what???]



2 comments:

Stephan Tual said...

Mmmm... As you know I work in that industry so it took me just a glance to recognize a repackaged version of TinyMCE. It's an opensource editor. http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/

steven edward streight said...

Yes, it is a version of the TinyMCE CMS for blogging platforms.

Is it safe to grant access for WriteToMyBlog to my blog? When I saw that it was a CGI script, I had reservations.