Friday, December 30, 2005

breaking up via blog post


Yes, I've now seen a blog used for the ultimate purpose: to dump a lover.

Will the dumped lover post a comment? Did he read her blog frequently? Will he start now? Blog Soap Operas here we come.

blog dumping = informing a romance partner that it's The End, but doing it in a post on your blog.

How creative and exhilarating. It really cheers me up to see this innovation. Many of my readers probably recall that I hate phone conversations almost as more or much as I despise face-to-face meetings. Problem: you can't revise or link.

I vastly prefer email to telephone. I prefer blog comments, the what I call "slow chat room" aspect of the blog, to vocal/auditory conversation. I like text. I dislike talk. That's my stupid bashful vocal articulation timidity and my derridean deconstructionism rearing their large and rather ugly heads again.

So the chump visits her blog, sees the bad news, and gulps.

Does he soil himself? I hope so.

Now I shut, and you go visit Min Jung Kim.

Check out "annual break up post":

http://www.minjungkim.com/?p=2855

But even more amazing is some of the language in it. Ah, what exactly is "janky shit"? Man, do I love that phrase.


[QUOTE--end of the "break up post"]


No seirously. It’s not me. It *IS* you.

So no hard feelings.

I’m keeping the Cds and the bottle of Scotch.

Your janky shit is on the curb waiting for garbage pickup in the rain.

See yas.


[END QUOTE]



Friends, this is pure poetry.

"waiting for garbage pickup in the rain" is a nice finishing touch.



[EDIT UPDATE]: Go read Min Jung Kim's post that I blogged about a while back: "Lifecycle of Bloggers", a description of the phases all bloggers go through as they blog with their blogs in the blog-bloated blogosphere.

http://www.minjungkim.com/?p=2675


What is "janky shit"?

[EDIT UPDATE]: Min Jung Kim graciously replies in a comment posted here:

Janky shit = ... everything that one tolerated while within the throes of love during the relationship but would have despised as being owned by anyone else... like for instance, if it were owned by your in-laws or the exroommate who put dogshit in the backseat of your car.



[signed] Steven Edward Streight aka Vaspers the Grate

5 comments:

Min Jung said...

Janky shit = ... everything that one tolerated while within the throes of love during the relationship but would have despised as being owned by anyone else... like for instance, if it were owned by your in-laws or the exroommate who put dogshit in the backseat of your car.

steven edward streight said...

Min: bless you dear soul, for explaining your phrase "janky shit".

I love that. This morning I saw that my wife Andrea had filled the frig with her Diet Soda, and had two twelve packs of her Diet Soda on the floor in the kitchen, next to the refrigerator.

My Regular Soda was, according to Andrea on the phone at work, "down the basement".

Well, I hauled off and told her "your janky soda is going out in the rain for garbage pick up".

Seriously, I'm sorry about your failed romance, but I'm sure you'll find a worthy mate soon.

VTG Readers: Min Jung is the blogger that published the Stages of Blogging that I quoted in Vaspers the Grate about a year or so ago. I'll dig up the archive link on that splendid article she wrote. Her blog, when I first discovered it, had comments on it by Matt Mullenweg, founder of WordPress. That is impressive.

MARYBETH said...

this is the hardest laugh i have had in days =) =) !!!!

Janky SHit...I vote it be added to the Dictionary!

....still laughing =) =)

Graci...Graci

steven edward streight said...

Yes, I am adding "janky shit" with Min Jung's definition presented in the juicy part of the little blog, in the comments section, that new term is being added to Secret Vaspers Vocabulary, with credit to Min Jung for coining it, to the worst of my present knowledge.

Now take your janky ass out of here and go work on your own janky blog.

'Thought & Humor' said...

There is a time for everything,
a season for every activity
under heaven. A time to be
born and a time to die. A
time to plant and a time to
harvest. A time to kill and
a time to heal. A time to
tear down and a time to
rebuild. A time to cry and
a time to laugh. A time to
grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones
and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a
time to turn away. A time to
search and a time to lose.
A time to keep and a time to
throw away. A time to tear
and a time to mend. A time
to be quiet and a time to
speak up. A time to love
and a time to hate. A time
for war and a time for peace.

May 2006 be
your time to laugh,
embrace & receive
personal peace,
Dr. Howdy