Thursday, April 14, 2005

One of the Worst Blogs I've Ever Seen: talking moose


pseudo blogs suck Posted by Hello


That's it. I can take it no longer. Will this BS ever end? Somebody is smoking way too much crack.

Moosetopia

http://www.moosetopia.com

This is not cute, not relevant, not entertaining. Old ignorant jokes. No personality.

Blogs don't have to be based on my "rules".

Blogs can take any shape, content, format, purpose. But blogs offer smart companies an opportunity to connect with customers in a candid, sincere, relevant manner. You'd think this would be the priority. Guess again.

I read 3 posts at this piece of crap blog, and that's all I could handle. I thought I was in some psycho nursery school where they throw a toy at you to distract you from the Thorazine they inject into you every hour. Can you say "brain dead"? Fire the "blog consultants" and I don't give a damn who of my allies and business bloggers were behind this one. It reeks.

Not funny. No coherent marketing strategy. No connection whatsoever with product or USP or brand spirit.

Not entertaining. Not intelligent. Not worth even looking at, unless you want to see One of the Worst Blogs I've Ever Encountered.

Enough pussy footing around and saying "the blogosphere must make room for talking moose blogs." That's just a cop out, a cover for pathetic, inept blog consultants and marketing staff.

How much more stupid, unprofessional theorizing must we be subjected to? This is wretched mediocrity and lack of business acumen. If you think I'm just "against fictional characters" check out my science fiction micro story web site, COSMOS BLOGMOS.

Grrrrrrr. Puke. People, this is insipid, insane, extremely uncreative, boring, and idiotic.

Who am I to be so bellicose? I'm an avowed enemy of the Bete Noire of the Blogosphere: the kingdom of the ghost blog, dysfunctional fictional character blog, and pseudo blog.

"Why do you call yourself...the Grate?" This is why. Now you know.


Since I think my comment may be deleted due to its extreme offensiveness, here is what I posted at The Red Couch:


If the bloatosphere starts filling up with such uncreative, worthless, idiotic garbage as this "talking moose" blog, I'm leaving the Commodity Internet and moving over to Internet 2.

This is a new low in unimaginative, non-strategic pseudo-blogging.

So much for a company being candid and forming intimate conversations with an audience. Goodbye to Al Ries, Rosser Reeves, David Ogilvy, Seth Godin, Christopher Locke, and common sense.

Hello to insipid ghost blogging and a thick wall of darkness separating company and customer, in the guise of a "talking moose".

Next time try a talking butt hole.

Posted by: Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate | April 13, 2005 11:01


I get so hateful because I hate what is happening to the Beloved Benevolent Blogosphere.

A little later, I added another comment to The Red Couch....

God, the bloatosphere is starting to anger me, it's turning idiotic overnight.

It figures. Same thing happened to postal mail (junk mail), telephone (telemarketing), television (infomercials, soap operas, most sitcoms), electro-mail (spam)...see why I issue warnings?

Robert, Shel, come on. I really admire you guys. Are you falling for such slacker wanker junk? I refuse to believe it. Get some sleep. Take a walk outside in fresh air and sunshine.

You know I am not, and never would, flame you two.

But seriously.

Online community. Transparency. Authenticity. Candid, direct, sincere conversation with customers. Flush it all down the proverbial toilet?

Some answers and some sanity please. No offense. You'll probably have to knock me up the side of the head once in a while too.

I've done some real dumb things in my life, I admit.

But....wow. This makes me sad to see this.

Posted by: Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate | April 14, 2005 12:25 AM



Are we going to sit back...and watch Blog Credibility, Authenticity, Relevance, Intelligence be mocked and contaminated in such a manner?

I will protest, attack, hate, and raise a war cry against this.

2 comments:

steven edward streight said...

At another marketing blog, a cheeful defense seemed to be made for this ridiculous trash blog.

MY COMMENTS added to the post:

We are welcoming the eventual demise of credibility, value, and relevance of the bloatosphere by tolerating such asshat nonsense.

Just my 2 cents.

Ghost blogs, code blogs, quasi blogs, pseudo blogs, crypto blogs, dysfunctional fictional character blogs (not really tied to a viable marketing strategy, i.e. just a dumb gimmick)...


the contamination of what was once a valid, valued, relevant communication tool.

Remember what happened to mail (junk mail), telephony (telemarketing), television (infomercials, stupid sitcoms), email (spam) because "purists" and defenders of smart and consumer advocate policies were shouted down by "let it happen, who cares, it's progress."

ugh

Posted by: Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate at April 14, 2005 08:54 PM

P.S. I'd love to see a defense of how boring, poorly written, and stupid this site is. How can it really be "enjoyed" and used to market anything but idiocy?

Posted by: Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate at April 14, 2005 08:55 PM

steven edward streight said...

Sorry. With only me allowed to post comments...due to Comment Spam Storm Attacks, it looks like I'm having a candid conversation...with myself.

At least it's better than with a dumb Talking Moose.

NEW COMMENT THAT I POSTED at The Red Couch:

And Paul it tells bad, old jokes. I think the blog ghost writer is smoking so much crack or methrock, it has no brains left to either annoy or entertain.

Thank goodness for karma:

crap products will attract crap advertising, marketing, and blogs.

Hooray. Make all the dysfunctional "fictional character" blogs you want...

...thumbing your knowses at "transparency, authenticity, passion, relevance, value".

Just don't call yourself a "blog consultant", a "marketer" or a "business person".

Thanks in advance (as the stilted corpspeak says).